Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dad

When I was young, my dad wasn't around much. He worked a lot, and most of the time it was out of town. My father and I have grown closer as I have gotten older, but as for childhood memories... my dad isn't in many of them. The one he is in... Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches. I love a good PB&B sandwich, and whenever I make one, I think of my dad.

Had an AMAZING workout at the gym this morning. Yesterday sucked in more ways than one! I am trying really hard to get my focus back and stay on track with the self improvment goals I started with this year... In doing that I need to remind myself to be better about staying in touch with people who matter.
My dad still travels a lot for work and isn't around but a few times a year. I am horrible at keeping in touch and as I made my PB&B this afternoon I started to think about my Father. I am always too busy to answer a phone call, or pre occupied with my own life issues to pick up the phone and say Hello. My dad may not be "in town" a lot but he has ALWAYS been there for me when I needed him. Maybe I should stop bitching about the crappy friends I have in my life and start taking advantage of the amazing ones I do have... Even if they are my Mom and Dad.

:)

1 comment: