Monday, December 6, 2010

keeping it simple

I consider myself "old fashioned", although I feel there is a better word for what I am trying to say. I accept change but don't necessarily enjoy it.
For Example, these are 3 things that most people think of as good change, where I am uncertain.
1) NetFlix. I really miss walking through the aisle at the video store.
2)Kindle, Nook, or any other electronic book. Need I say more?!
3)Online Journaling / Blogging. Journaling is very important to me, but I have rules. And those rules are very against what I am doing right now...
I have had a Journal ever since I can remember. My first Journal was a brightly colored hard cover book from Michaels, with a lock and key of course. As I got older I became very strict on
the kind of Journal I would use. These were my rules:
1)Leather Bound
2)Brown, not Black
3)No lines on the pages
4)Thick paper
I still have every single one of my Journals. I love cracking that Leather bound book and reading about what it was I considered important at the time. I am always surprised, but to get back on track, my point is, I hate Blogs. Although, here I am clicking away and breaking all of my rules. That's ok tho, because I have new rules. I am going to Blog, and Share, and Inspire and be Inspired!!! I only have 2 Rules...
1) I will talk about the mishaps of working in a salon in this Blog.
2) I will talk about my Sewing Projects and what has inspired me in this Blog.
The End.

I want to be apart of this Blogging world and see what the hell it is that has people so excited over Internet journaling... So here I go, keeping it simple. Me and my 2 Rules will fit in just fine in this new and scary world.

1 comment:

  1. That's the way to dive right in! You are making such wonderful progress my girl! WIll look forward to reading about it all!

    ReplyDelete