Monday, December 13, 2010

struggles behind the chair


This is what I do.
It is one of the only things I consider myself REALLY good at. I get it.

When I was in school, I had instructors telling me that I understood the art of hair design way too well for just starting out. They told me I would be successful...

they were wrong.

I am 3 years in, and tomorrow I plan on cutting down my hours at the salon and looking for a serving/bar tending job.

$117 pay checks in the "busiest month of the year" is not successful in my book.


How did this happen? This was not the plan, not even close. I was going to be making great money and doing what I loved. That's what they told me.

I am a positive person, and I refuse to look at this as defeat!

I am looking at this as just another wall that I will have to tear down. It will take hard work and motivation to not give up. I hope that the people in my life and work place understand the decision that I have to make, because it isn't for lack of passion, but need for financial stability.

I am going to do this, and do it with my all. I will commit 6 months to serving and working 2-3 days at the salon. I will still pursue my clientele and make every effort to build my business. I just need to pay off some debt and store some money in the bank.

I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you can do it! Sometimes in life you just have to do what you have to do. I have been there and am still there on some days. You are a very talented stylist, although I have not had you do my hair as of yet, but one day I hope to get that opportunity. You have done a beautiful job on all the people that I know you have done.

    ReplyDelete