Thursday, December 9, 2010

wine inspired

Almost a year ago I went to an art show at Shady Creek Winery to see my friend Amanda Heise's art work.
They had the cutest little set up, and behind the bar was a BIG bin full of corks, so I asked the guy if they kept them for something. He of course said no and handed them over!
They have been sitting, un touched for way too long now.
I saw a pair of cork earring in a new book, "p.s. i made this..."





Her earrings were great, but not quite my style. So, with some time and many issues cutting and working with the cork, this is what I came up with:











I am very happy with what I have done, and it only took 4 corks, random beads, fabric, ribbon and chain to make this great new set! :)

Here are some other really great things people are doing with wine corks...
















2 comments: