Thursday, January 20, 2011

picking my battles

To fight or not to fight?
To start drama or ignore it?
To stand up for yourself, or be happy in the world of avoidance?
These are the battles I face every day! I KNOW I am not alone here, people!

I have been told way too many times that I am "harsh". The way I say things comes off rude, and inconsiderate... Maybe this is true, maybe not. I do know that I am a blunt, no bullshit kind of person. I see life very black and white, right and wrong. I am a happy, easy going person, who strongly believes in living with, and by, your consequences... this is something hard to stomach if we don't see eye to eye... ( also translated as harsh )
I have a lot of opinions, about a lot of things. I am trying to master the art of "keeping my mouth shut". This is something I am still working on, and in the main, I am failing!!!
I am struggling with the idea of rolling over and taking it, or standing up for what I KNOW is right... Because I am a person who strongly believes in consequences, I am treading lightly on my next move. I know that whatever I do or say will be met with some strong whip lash....
Am I ready for that????

2 comments:

  1. I struggled with writing something like that too. you said it perfectly. and where do you find those great pictures?

    ReplyDelete