Monday, January 17, 2011

The Year of Hilary.....

I am a pretty outgoing person. I would consider myself adventurous. I take risks.
I do not put myself first, though.
I am a people-pleaser, and I want to make all the people around me happy.
I work too hard at not making waves, that I end up forgetting what it is that I really want out of life. So, I have decided that 2011 is the Year of Hilary.
I do not desire to change who I am, because I like who I am. I like making others happy, and I like that I am an easygoing person. What I do not like is that my desires are usually on the back of my mind. This is what I wish to change.
I am starting with baby steps of self improvement.
I have quit smoking.
I am exercising more, and eating healthy.
I am learning to do what I want to do, and if others do not want to join... THAT'S OK!
This is just the beginning, and I have a whole list of 2011 things that I want to accomplish... These are just a few of them:

* Fly to Vegas for the weekend.
* Go Sky Diving in April.
* Learn to Ski
* Take a road trip... possibly alone?!
* See Tiger Army in California
* See Old Crow Medicine Show
* Make more things than I Buy
* Buy a bike.
* Pay off my Car (ha)
* Walk on a frozen lake, and NOT freak out.
* Be more organized in my day to day life
* Make time for God. (seeing as this is the last thing on my list, it may need to be the first thing I start working on!)

I will do this.
I will be a better me.
I will put my happiness first in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Like a bumble bee....it should be impossible for it to fly..it's body is too big and it's wings are too small...but it flies becaus it was ment to and it doesn't know any better. So fly my beautiful little bee and buzz away!

    P.S. CONGRATS ON QUITTING SMOKING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the quitting smoking...that is always a big step! And your Mom is right, little bee....FLY!!

    ReplyDelete