Thursday, January 27, 2011

Have to start somewhere.

Ugh. I did it. I posted my first crafting tutorial. Check it out at hilarykballard.wordpress.com
This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, but never felt comfortable. I am in NO way a master crafter, or in any place to be telling others the best way to make ANYTHING.
I have a good friend who makes video tutorials all the time, and she says it is just learning right along side of everyone else, and showing them what you discovered.

I really wanted to make a wallet tonight for my friend, and found MANY great patterns and ideas online. But there seemed to be something I loved and hated in each one. Some were too difficult or required the time I didn't have, and some were just not my style... So, I decided that tonight was as good a night as any to "learn along side everyone else", and document what I created. IT WAS FUN!!

I found that it kept me more focused, and on task. I was being more careful and double checking myself often because I knew I was going to put this online. I really liked the outcome and I think that it made me a more thorough crafter in the end.
Check it out and let me know what you think!!!

I am really hoping for a camera for my birthday so I can start doing video and taking better pictures. Right now I am using my camera phone... enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment